Return Policy and Return Form
We know that sometimes things you buy online don’t work out exactly the way you thought they would. The color might be different than you were expecting (some computer screens show colors differently), the size may be too big or too small once you see it, or maybe you just don’t like what you got.
We’ve tried to create a return policy that is as “customer friendly” as possible. At the same time, we have to follow certain regulations and restrictions. We want to be totally transparent and upfront with you about what those things are.
Here is the truth: With very few exceptions, online retailers of dog and cat products will either not accept returns under any circumstance or their return policies are very limited. Return policies are restrictive industry-wide because once your dog or cat has had contact (leaving hair, odor, or other “breadcrumbs”), the item cannot be resold. Everything we sell is guaranteed to be new – and we want to keep it that way.
Here’s what you need to know, both before you buy something from us and then once you decide you want to return something to us.
Before You Order – Shop Smart!
First, let’s cover some basics to help avoid the whole Returns issue to begin with (if possible).
Measure Your Dog and Space
The #1 reason for returns is that customers purchase the wrong size. The absolute best way to ensure that you (and your dog or cat) are completely satisfied with the items you purchase is, before you order, take the time to measure your dog and to measure the space where you intend to put the item. Then watch the sizing video to determine the correct size furniture for your pet. If you have any questions about what is the best size or style for your dog or cat, please contact us and we will help you figure it out.
Make sure your shipping address is correct on your order. I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but a quick double-check could save you money (redirecting shipments or re-shipping if something is undeliverable is not cheap). If you live in an apartment, regardless of whether it’s a gated community or has a doorman, you must include a unit number. FedEx/UPS is not responsible for mis-deliveries to addresses that are wrong or to apartments that do not have unit numbers specified in the shipping address (and they will charge you!).
We do our very best to get your order processed in the fastest amount of time possible. Periodically we will get an order in the morning, process it quickly, and it ships in the afternoon. If you need to cancel your order, please contact us ASAP. We may or may not be able to cancel the order before it gets shipped – we will do our very best. If your order is shipped before we can get it canceled for you, you may be charged the shipping fees. We guarantee that we will do our absolute best to cancel your order before it’s shipped, but we simply can’t promise.
Returns and Your Refund
If you do these things and still need to return something, that’s totally fine. Here are some things for you to know. It’s a lot of words to read, but it gives you everything you need!
30 Day Returns Policy
We have a 30 day returns policy. If you bought something from us, we will accept it back within 30 days of the delivery date (given the other stuff below).
We don’t really do exchanges. But if you want to return something for a different size, for example, return what you got using the steps below, and then order the replacement. It’s a cleaner process than exchanging it.
If you ordered an item branded The Savvy Pet from one of our designated retailers, please visit their website to process your return. We cannot return an item that you purchased through another store. If you purchased the item through this website and with to return it, please continue.
To get the return process started, fill out our Return Form below. You HAVE to do this to start the process, because we HAVE to create a Return Authorization Number for you. Please do not mail your return without a Return Authorization Number! You will NOT receive credit for having returned the item and most likely you won’t get a refund if you return an item without an RA#. It’s just that simple.
We can ONLY take an item back if it is in brand new, never used, never washed, never installed, never assembled condition, and your dog or cat (or any other pet) has never had any contact with it – EVER. All of the original packaging must be in the box when the manufacturer receives it. As much as we’d like to take back any item for any reason, the simple fact is – we cannot accept any returned item that has pet hair, pet odor, has been assembled or installed (or attempted assembled or installed), or in any way looks or smells like a pet has been in contact with it. (If you set it down on carpet that has pet hair, use a lint brush on it before you box it back up).
Please allow 5-7 business days for us to process your return after you fill out the Return Form. We’ll send you the Return Authorization Number and instructions for how to return the item. You then have 14 days to get it in the mail. If you mail it on day 15 or after, we won’t be able to give you a refund.
The restocking fee for all returns other than manufacturing defect or shipping error is 15% of the purchase price for merchandise that is returned.
For all returns, the cost of both outbound shipping and restocking fees will be deducted from the original price you paid for the item. Refunds will be credited to the payment method used for purchase.
For all returns (except those described in the section below), you are responsible for return shipping. In some cases, we can get a better shipping rate than you can. In those cases, we can send you a return label and deduct the amount from your refund.
Defects, Damaged Goods, and Shipping Errors
We do our very best to get your order to you on time and in brand new condition. Unfortunately, there are occasionally manufacturing defects, damage during shipping, and shipping delays that we don’t have control over. Of course, if there is a manufacturer defect or the item was damaged in shipping, the item will be replaced at no cost to you, and you will get the replacement as soon as possible. If you would like a refund instead, that’s fine. We’ll need to deduct the shipping and restocking fees from your refund.
Receiving Your Order
In an ideal world, you would meet the UPS/Fedex driver at the door and have him wait while you inspect your package. But really? How often does that happen? In the real world, UPS/Fedex drops off the package at your door and you pick it up later. In any situation, it is so very important that you inspect the package as soon as you pick it up and take possession of it.
- If there is any damage to your order, please contact us right away so we can file a claim with the shipping company.
- If you are present at the time of delivery, ask the freight carrier for a copy of the delivery receipt. Then record the shipping company’s name and truck number so we may track the order back to our vendor or warehouse.
- It is your responsibility to check that all items are correct and undamaged and all pieces accounted for. If the product is damaged in shipping, you may choose to refuse the delivery. If you choose to refuse the delivery, you must note the damages on the delivery receipt. If you accept the delivery, contact us within 2 business days and we can work to have a new one shipped to you.
If only part of an item is damaged, you may accept the order, note the damages, and contact us within 2 business days of receiving your order. We will send you the replacement parts.
If you have a warranty issue (manufacturing defect) within the 30 day window, please fill out our Return Form and let us know the problem. We will work with you and the manufacturer to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. We will send you a replacement right away at no cost to you or, if you’d prefer a refund, you will be responsible for shipping charges.
To initiate your return, please fill out the form below. We will immediately begin the return process by creating a Return Authorization Number. As soon as we have the information that you will need to return your item, we will send you the RA#, instructions for the return, and the total amount that will be refunded to you. We always process returns as quickly as possible – typical turnaround time is 5 – 7 business days.
We’ve tried to create a return policy for our products that is as “customer friendly” as possible but there are certain restrictions that we have to adhere to.
To ensure we are able to process your return as quickly and smoothly as possible, please review these points before submitting your return:
- Orders from Designated Retailers: If you ordered an item branded The Savvy Pet from one of our designated retailers, please visit their website to process your return. We cannot return an item that you purchased through another store. If you purchased the item through this website and with to return it, please continue.
- Exchanges: We don’t do exchanges (except for manufacturing or material defect or shipping error). Once you’ve successfully processed your return, simply place a new order for the replacement item you want on our website.
- Returns: We only accept returns for any item in brand new, never used, never assembled, unwashed condition, and your dog or cat cannot have had any contact with the item whatsoever. If the product was in sealed packaging when you received it, it must be returned with the original seal intact. Do not assemble anything you think you might return.
- Restocking Fees: We charge a 15% (of the purchase price) restocking fee for all returns.
- Returning “Free Shipping” Items: If the item you purchased was shipped to you for free, the cost to ship the item to you is deducted from your total refund amount.Example:
Purchase Price: $100
Restocking Fee (15%): $15
Outbound Shipping: $20
Total Refund Amount: $65
- Timing for Return Shipment: Once you receive the return instructions with the Return Authorization Number from us, you will have 14 business days from the date of the email to get the item in the mail to the address that we send you. If the postmark on the return shipment is 14 days past the email date, we will not accept the item, which will void your refund.
- Manufacturing or Material Defect or Shipping Error: If you received an item with a manufacturing or material defect or an item that you didn’t order, we will send you an exact replacement (or correct the shipping error by sending you the item you originally ordered and picking up the wrong item) free of charge. If you desire a refund instead, we deduct what it cost us to ship the item to you and the restocking fee from your total refund amount.
To initiate your return, please fill out the form below. We will immediately begin the return process by creating a Return Authorization Number. As soon as we have the information that you will need to return your item, we will send you the RA#, instructions for the return, and the total amount that will be refunded to you. We always process returns as quickly as possible – typical turnaround time is 5 – 7 business days. Thank you for shopping with us!